Celebrating Environmental Education
Would you like to help to create a friendly, inviting environment at the Bird Center? Volunteer Greeters assist the Bird Center by welcoming visitors to our facilities, and by communicating directly with our visitors to answer questions about our organization. Depending on which facility (Mission Wild Bird or the Sanctuary), Greeters also help the FKWBRC staff with smaller projects including mailing efforts, operating a small retail stand, and restocking flyers.
- Greeting visitors
- Answering visitor questions
- Restocking informational materials such as flyers and newsletters
- Oversee small retail stand
- Facilitate retail purchases
- Assisting with light administrative tasks (filing, shredding, mailing…etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Wildlife Rehabilitation Manager.
- Able / Willing to converse with visitors of the Bird Center
- Able to use a calculator
- Able / Willing to operate a cash register/money-box.
Greeters are trained onsite by the Volunteer Coordinator. The initial training session takes less than 30 minutes and retraining is available when needed or requested.
Greeters are scheduled for four-hour shifts in the morning (8:00am – 12:00pm) or afternoon (12:00pm – 4:00pm) at both of our locations. Greeters are expected to log at least eight hours of service each month.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.keepthemflying.org/volunteer-application/ →