Visitor Education Center
Our Visitor Education Center is the newest addition to the Florida Keys Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center. Opened in October, 2015, the Education Center supports the #KeepThemFlying mission through education exhibits designed to help visitors cultivate an appreciation for wild birds and their importance to the ecosystem.
The Education Center features a variety of interactive exhibits, including:
- Streaming videos of bird releases and hospital activities
- Cornell University Lab of Ornithology eBird Kiosk, allowing birders to record data into the eBird system to help identify birding hotspots locally
- “Build-a-Bird” puzzles areas for children
- Interactive bird migration maps
- Bird anatomy studies, featuring x-rays, articulated skeletons and more
Education Center Visiting Hours
The Education Center is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, and offer self-guided tours, pre-scheduled docent-led tours, informal field trips for classroom visits, and formal field trips as part of the Bird Center’s Educational Programs. Contact us for additional information.